The Delaware County Veterans Memorial Association held a Patriot Day observance ceremony on September 11, 2o22.
During the ceremony, Martin Holahan, a local musician, played Taps at each of the four times a plane crashed 20 years ago: 8:46 a.m. (North Tower), 9:03 a.m. (South Tower), 9:37 a.m. (Pentagon), and 10:07 a.m. (Flight 93).
Members of the Delaware County Veterans Memorial Association’s Board of Directors and staff were also in attendance. The ceremony included remarks from Joseph Daly, board president of the DCVMA, followed by a moment of silence and wreath laying in remembrance of those lost.
- ‘Lest We Forget’: Delaware County Veteran’s Memorial highlights importance of remembering the sacrifice of veterans.
- Wallingford students learn cost of freedom during visit to Delaware County Veterans Memorial
- Delaware County’s 8th annual Freedom Medal Dinner honors extraordinary veterans
- Delaware County Veterans Memorial invites local community to commemorate Veterans Day
- Honor local veterans at the Delaware County Veterans Memorial