CASKET FLAG CEREMONY
The Ceremony offers a unique and powerful way to memorialize and celebrate the life and legacy of your beloved.
The government issued United States Flag that draped the casket of your Veteran will fly high above the Veterans Memorial in Newtown Square, Pennsylvania.
Friends and Family Members will have an opportunity to speak about their Veteran at the ceremony for approximately five minutes.
It is a powerful, moving and well-deserved posthumous memorial to your family member who gave so much to our nation.
Ceremonies are held on the second Sunday of the month from April through November at 5 PM, weather permitting.
FLAG CEREMONY GUIDELINES
The Delaware County Veterans Memorial Association would be honored to celebrate the memory of your loved one or Military ancestor.
- Flag Ceremonies will be held weather permitting.
- Please remove the flag from any type of case or bag before delivering it to us.
- Families will provide their loved one’s Casket Flag on the day of the program. You are requested to arrive 30 minutes before the start of the ceremony. The flag will be returned following the program.
- Ceremonies are held on the second Sunday of the month from April through September at 5PM and October through November at 3PM, weather permitting.
- A family member is asked to speak about their veteran for approximately 5 minutes. It is recommended that the family bring a prepared talk.
- We reserve the right to cancel or change the flag ceremony.